If you follow me on Instastories on Instagram, you’ll see that 2 weekends ago, I returned to San Diego and last weekend I flew out to Minnesota for the weekend, got my fill of snow, saw a specialist for my ongoing shoulder problem and came straight home. This time around, I’m hitting the road for an overnight stay in Las Vegas. I thought it was time to share with you 10 things I always keep in my travel bag/carry-on whether I’m flying or going on a road trip.
I wore this outfit 2-3 weeks ago, but wanted to share the links incase you’re interested in picking up these pieces:
12 Essentials I Always Leave in my Carry On When I Travel
1) Power Bank with 2 USB cords – I always make sure it’s fully charged before I go and when I come back, it gets fully charged so that It’s ready for my next trip.
2) Avene Facial Spray or Caudalie Facial Spray – Either of these keep my skin hydrated while in transit.
3) Ipad Mini with pre-downloaded magazines/books prior to departure. My bluetooth keyboard is also charged and ready for use incase I end up working while I’m in transit.
4) Snacks – Okay, I’m cheating here because these don’t technically stay in my bag, but my house is often stocked with snacks, so I throw a couple of treats into a ziplock bag, or add a couple of snack bars in my bag every time I fly or go on a road trip
5) Earphones for movies in flight or music on the road
6) Eye Mask because I am always napping in flight or in the car.
6) Antibacterial Hand Wipes to remove impurities/makeup on the face. Also for before and after touching food.
7) Phone & Charger pre-loaded with details on accommodations, addresses and any itineraries that I need to see related to my travels.
8) Medications/Vitamins – I always take my vitamins, antacids, allergy medication and ibuprofen with me incase I need it.
9) Travel-sized Beauty Bag – Make up remover, moisturizers, TSA approved small bottles of skincare products and a contact case always come with me. I hate to sleep with makeup on.
10) Toiletries such as toothbrush & toothpaste
11) Mints or Gum to help me manage air pressure changes in altitude during take-off or landing. Also great for when you land to have fresh breath.
12) Pen – Usually used for customs forms, but even on a drive I don’t bother removing it from my bag because from time to time I need it. However, I remove the inflatable neck support pillow when I am not flying.
Additional Items I keep on the side if I am planning to fly:
Power Converter for international destinations
Passport for Flights
Socks for all those cold moments in flight
Inflatable Neck Pillow for all those naps I take in the air
Silicone Ear Plugs to block out the noises while I’m sleeping on the plane
What are things you always keep in your carry on when you travel?