With Christmas just around the corner, I’m starting to prep the house for a short visit from my sister, niece and family friend. It boggles my mind how the year has come and gone so fast. I’m getting ready to put a few gifts under the tree this coming week. When it comes to gifting between my hubby and I, we often opt for surprise trips, but let’s be honest here – the majority of us just don’t have the financial means to get everyone a trip, but there’s always something a good traveller needs, so I put together a gift guide for the wanderlust.
Below are a list of items that are on my personal wish list, but I think would be great for the avid wanderlust. I hope that you look for something special, these really help you find that essential travel item you were hoping to find!
I hope that Santa is good to you this year and he spoils you rotten with the best gifts. 🙂
Gifts Under $100
1. Customized monogram luggage tag and passport for the luxe traveller
2. Candle for adding your own touch to any hotel room
3. Chic, yet cozy shoes to wear on long haul flights. Who doesn’t want to sleep with clouds on their feet?
4. Lens attachments to your phone for better photos while you’re on the go
5. Stylish Touchscreen gloves for any cold climates or destinations
6. Stylish fitness tracker for the active traveller
7. Travel Cocktail Kit for the plane and hotel
8. Stylish bags for your luggage to keep your shoes & belonging organized
9. 10000 mAh Power Bank to keep your electronics charged
10. Gorillapod for the perfect photos
11. Luggage tracker in case your bags get lost
12. Wireless headset so you’re not always dealing with tangles
13. Cashmere pants for a cozy flight
14. Travel foam roller for the active traveller
15. Luggage storage bags to organize each outfit
Gifts Over $100
1. Envelope organizer holds your passport, tablet, travel documents, pen, wires and all the basic necessities
2. Ipad Minis are the perfect travel companion for someone who needs to stay connected, likes to read and watch movies on the go. While I wouldn’t necessarily recommend a 24K gold plated one (the only one I can find on this account), they’re small and great for using in flight. I pre-download magazines from an online magazine subscription like Texture, which has a range of mens, travel, sport and women’s fashion publications (also a great gift for travellers)
3. Gucci Marmont Camera Bag is great for the stylish traveller who loves luxury goods, likes to take around a camera and still fit in the extra lens or phone. Other more affordable options available here and here.
4. GoPro5 is a great mini camera to take along to keep incredible memories. Get a waterproof cover for water activities.
5. Smart luggage to charge your electronics on the go. There are so many competitors on the market right now. Radan and Away being the forefront runners.
6. Cashmere sleep mask and blanket for the comfiest ride in transit.
7. Drones are great gifts for those who really want to record cool videos during their trips.
8. Sound cancelling headphones – are a must for those who are light sleepers for flights.
9. Cashmere sleepwear is great when you’re not always in your own comfy bed, but they’ll be great for home, too!